Who doesn’t love stuffed everything? Stuffed eggplants, stuffed shells, stuffed zucchini boats. It’s such a great way to use up any leftover veggies, eat healthy and make sure to be full the rest of the night.
The great thing about this recipe is that instead of using meat, I used wild rice. Wild rice is full of so many nutrients compared to white rice or just whole wheat rice. I add some tomatoes for sweetness, onions and garlic for favour and enoki mushrooms to give this stuffed pepper some personality. You can add anything! Cilantro, zucchini, pumpkin, carrots, beets, quinoa. The skies the limit!
Be creative and have fun. Make it your own! Enjoy!
Wild Rice & Enoki Mushroom Stuffed Bell Peppers
2-3 bell peppers
1 cup wild rice (cooked)
1 bunch of enoki mushrooms
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tbsp Mrs. Dash
1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Start by cutting each bell pepper in half, cleaning out the insides and setting aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, add wild rice, diced tomatoes, diced onion, minced garlic and enoki mushrooms. Mix.
- Start by seasoning stuffing with salt, pepper and Mrs. Dash.
- Stuff each half pepper with the stuffing. Place on a large pan.
- Bake for 25 mins. Optional: cover peppers at 15 mins.
Serve with mayo or sour cream!