Anyone else craving the fall? As much as I love the sun and the beach, I’ve just always been a fall and winter gal. It’s what makes me smile and it’s what gives me motivation. The colours of the fall and the warm feeling you get during the winter, it’s just perfect.
I’ve had this bag of sun-dried tomatoes just sitting at home and I’m always lost of what to do with it. When I create for my blog, I want to be able to share creative recipes. As I was staring at these tomatoes, I had this idea of creating a paste. I wanted it to be healthy but delicious and a simple, everyday family meal. So I created this Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken. It turned out delicious and makes me want to be in Italy sipping on some good wine (hopefully that is me next year, currently planning a trip with my lovely Cousin).
Enjoy and let me know what your favourite season is or what do you make using sun-dried tomatoes, I’d love to know!
Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken
2 chicken breasts
Salt and pepper to taste
Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried basil
1 garlic clove
Yogurt Sauce (optional)
2 tbsp 2% greek yogurt
1-2 garlic clove
1 tsp dried basil
1 or 1/2 tsp of paste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place sun-dried tomatoes in hot water (if yours comes in oil, then skip this step) and set aside.
- Slice chicken breast in half, you will be left with 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts.
- Season with salt and pepper. Set chicken aside.
- Strain sun dried-tomatoes and add them in a food processor. Also add in 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic powder, dried basil and garlic clove. Puree until a smooth paste.
- On a lined baking sheet, add half of the paste and spread, place chicken on top and spread the remaining of the paste on top. (leave 1-1/2 tsp of the puree for the sauce (optional))
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 mins.
- In a bowl, mix yogurt, minced garlic , basil and paste. Mix and drizzle on top of baked chicken breasts and serve. (optional)
Add any additional notes here.