It’s officially Spring and I couldn’t be happier. It’s been cold and bitter and as much as I love winter, I was really getting tired of it. Now, I can’t wait till the flowers start to bloom and I can start working on my garden.
This year, I really want to plant more herbs. Last year, I only planted chives and basil, but this year, I’m going all out! It’s such an amazing feeling to have your own veggies and herbs. Not only do you get a more vibrant taste, you’re helping the world/nature and your eating 100% organic! There’s truly nothing better.
Today, I got an awesome recipe for you guys. This is my go to protein salad right now. It’s such an energy giver, with all the protein ingredients. We got 3 protein gems: quinoa, chickpeas and smoked salmon. These 3 ingredients aren’t just full of energy but they’re so so healthy for you. You got some healthy fatty’s from the smoked salmon and we got superfood quinoa and chickpeas with loads of fibre!
This salad is perfect for after workouts, during lunch time or after work. This will give you energy and help you stay awake and feel less tired and groggy. Enjoy!
Spring Supreme Salad
1-2 handfuls of salad mix
10-15 think sliced sweet apple
2-3 slices of onion
Grated green radish
1 sliced pink radish
1/2 cup chickpeas
2-3 tbsp cooked quinoa
2 slices smoked salmon
1 tsp dijon mustard
Drizzle of Nonna Pia’s Balsamic Reduction in Strawberry Fig
1/2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
1 tsp lemon juice
Sprinkle of cilantro
2 tbsp olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together dijon mustard, balsamic sauce, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and cilantro.
- While still whisking, slowly pour in the olive oil. Whisk until dressing consistency and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, add in the salad mix, apple slices, onions, some grated green radish, sliced pink radish, chickpeas and cooked quinoa
- Pour dressing over salad and give it all a good mix.
- Serve on a plate with smoked salmon on top.