Hey guys! I know I have been MIA for 2 weeks and I’m super duper sorry!!! It’s been a crazy month of renovations, work and my new lifestyle change. I finally made the decision to signup to a health and wellness doctor. This doctor pretty much helps you be healthy while losing weight naturally. He’s been one of the best choices I’ve made in my entire life. I feel healthy, strong, light and started loving life in a different perspective. So far, I’ve been on this journey for 1 month and I’ve losing an amazing 20 pounds!
If you guys are interested in this doctor, let me know and I’ll write a more detailed post about my experience so far.
During this (diet) period, there’s a lot of food restrictions that I had to start with. Don’t worry, the doctor doesn’t restrict these food forever, you start with one diet and he slowly adds foods back into your daily diet as he checks your health through blood tests. At the end of the plan, you will be able to eat anything you want but he helps you and teaches you to eat healthy and in the right portions longterm.
Through this journey, I’ve learned to take my favourite foods and make them work within my current diet. I love Mexican food and loveeeeee tacos, so I decided to make Lettuce tacos. And let me tell you, WOW! They taste just as good, trust me!
Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Tacos
2 romaine hearts
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup of mini shrimp
1 tsp low sodium soya sauce
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
Pepper to taste
3-5 mini tomatoes (mine were more a tad bit bigger)
2 tbsp diced red onion
Squeeze of lime juice
1 tsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
2/3 cup julienne sliced apple
Sprinkle of powdered chilli flakes
1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp mayo
1 minced garlic
1/2 tsp Sriracha sauce
Squeeze of lime juice
Diced fresh dill (optional)
- Start by slicing the mini tomatoes, dicing the cucumber, jalapeno and red onion. Put everything into a bowl, season with salt and pepper, drizzle some olive oil and lime juice. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add in the julienne sliced apple, powdered chilli flakes and apple cider vinegar. Mix and set aside.
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add in mini shrimp, soya sauce, garlic powder, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayo, minced garlic, Sriracha sauce, lime juice and fresh dill.
- Add all the elements inside the romaine hearts and enjoy!