Anyone watched “No Reservations” and since then have always craved that pasta Nick made for Zoe? I know I have. Like non stop. Something about the way he made it and the way he ate it just makes you crave it. You even know how it would taste, that’s how good they shot that scene…you can literally imagine how it would taste.
Since that movie, I have been trying to bring that imaginable taste in my head to life. I know I wanted simple, I wanted olive oil and I wanted it to be sweet but have just the right amount of sourness.
The best part about this recipe is it literally takes 10 mins to make, and uses simple ingredients that every home chef has inside their refrigerator. This recipe is so rich in natural flavours, all were going to be doing is seasoning the veggies with some salt and pepper to really help pull the flavour out of the tomatoes, onions and garlic.
Once you make this pasta, you will be caving this every week. I might just host an Italian night and serve this as the main dish! It’s simple, elegant and just right.
I also just purchased a FujiFilm xt-10 camera and wanted to try it out for this recipe. Let me know what you guys think of the photography!
Olive Oil And Tomato Pasta
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup mini tomatoes
Pasta/spaghetti for 2-3 people
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Chop 1/2 onion, mince 1 garlic and cut in half 1 cup of mini tomatoes. Set aside.
- In a medium pasta pan, heat water. Once boiling, add in salt and let the pasta cook for 5-6 mins until al dente.
- Heat a medium sized skillet at high heat. Once heated, add 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add in the onion and garlic into hot skillet, season with salt and pepper and sauté for 3-5 mins until onions are translucent.
- Strain pasta from water and put into a large glass bowl. Pout 1 tbsp of olive oil and mix.
- Add in the tomatoes and sauté for 5 mins until juices start to come out of the tomatoes.
- Once tomatoes, onions and garlic are ready, add them into the pasta mix. Mix everything together.
- Chop some fresh cilantro and add to the pasta and mix again.