It’s Friday and that means we can be stress-free and just enjoy two days of freedom. My freedom = cooking whatever I want and for as long as I want. Today, I’ll be showing you how to cook the perfect rainbow trout. Trout is quite tricky to cook. If you don’t do it the right way, it will turn out dry and just not right. But, if made the right way, it can be the most delicious fillet ever!
Trout loves fat. This is key from keeping it from drying when cooking. That’s why trout is best made using good ‘ol butter. Add in some of your favourite herbs and you’re good to go! It’s all about the fat haha!
So just remember these are the 3 things you need:
- Some sort of fat (butter or vegan butter)
- Fresh herbs (rosemary, basil)
- Salt and pepper
And if you want to be fancy, you can add in some truffle oil or fresh lemons – it’s the bomb dot com!
Enjoy and let me know how your trout turned out! Find my simple recipe below 🙂
How To Cook Rainbow Trout
1 rainbow trout fillet
1/4 cup butter (room temperature)
1/2 tbsp finely chopped chives
1/2 tsp rosemary (fresh or dry)
2 garlic cloves (grated)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place trout on a baking sheet and season trout with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, chives, rosemary and garlic together.
- Add 3-4 nobs of the herb butter on the bottom of the trout and on the top of the fish (no need to spread, it will melt).
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 – 25 mins. Don’t over bake!