The sun is out, the birds are singing and as per usual I’m hungry…. always lol. For some of reason I had the worst mayo craving…like who craves mayo? I understand when I crave big mac sauce or tarter sauce, but mayo? Really body? Really?
Anyways, since I’m on my journey to weight loss and a healthy lifestyle, I created a healthy version that still follows my diet plan. I don’t like diet plans but if you read my post from Monday (Herbal Ice Tea), I explain everything! This recipe is also quick and simple, you just throw all the ingredients into the pot, bake it and done.
What I love about this dish is the simplicity of the flavours. You really let the veggies and fish ooze out their own flavours without bombarding it with seasoning and sauces. The mayo just added the right amount of fat and oil to bring out the natural flavours of the ingredients. It really is a good damn dish, I make it all the time with almost everything. Be creative, add your favourite protein, veggies and top it off with mayo and you got the ultimate dinner casserole.
Easy Mini Fish Casseroles
4 mini ceramic pots
1 basa fillet
4 brussel sprouts
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup broccoli florets
1 tbsp water x 4
1 tbsp mayonaise x 4
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees F.
- Cut fish into mini slices and cut brussels sprouts into 4 halves (make sure to remove the ends)
- In each mini casserole pot, add 4-5 mini slices of fish, 4 brussel sprouts pieces, mushrooms and broccoli florets.
- Season with salt and add in 1 tbsp of water.
- Top with 1 tbsp of mayo and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 mins, until veggies soft.
- Mix and enjoy!