Hope you’re having a good Friday! It’s finally the weekend and the beginning to a lot of music festivals. Anyone going to any in Toronto? I’ll be going to Bestival! Also, I love food truck food, so can’t wait for that! Maybe i’ll be inspired!
Since it’s summer time, I wanted to make a bbq themed recipe. I absolutely love bbq, it’s such a easy way to get together with friends and family and have a good time with food and drinks. It’s one of my favourite things about summer. Chicken skewers are such a staple at my house. We make it all sorts of ways and one of my favourite quick marinades is a creamy cucumber sauce. It’s so light, easy and quick. Plus, it’s healthy and super creative. It has a very Greek/Mediterranean vibe to it that works perfect with fresh greek salad or a risotto.
Hope you guys love it!
Creamy Cucumber Chicken Skewers
9 -11 skewers
2 chicken breasts
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp mayo
1 tbsp dijon mustard
2-3 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
3-4 cucumbers (optional)
- In a food processor, add in 2 garlic cloves, cucumber, mayo, dijon mustard and lemon juice. Chop until creamy consistency. (Don’t worry if any chunks are left.)
- Cut chicken breasts into small chunks, place in a medium sized bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pour creamy sauce on top, mix and marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Heat grill at high heat.
- Cut extra cucumbers in chunks and set aside.
- Start by putting the chicken pieces on the skewers and alternating with a cucumber chunk. To make a chicken and cucumber pattern.
- Grill each side for about 5-7 mins or until chicken is full cooked. If chicken is still not cooked, place in an oven at 400 degrees F for 5-7 mins.