Happy Friday! Hope you all had a awesome week 🙂 As I promised, here is a sweet recipe! These brownies turned out amazing!!! Like no joke amazing.
To make them extra chocolaty and chewy, I added 1/4 cup of fresh brewed coffee. This gave the brownies a richer chocolate taste and made them super soft and moist. They literally melt in your mouth. To go with the #EasterDay theme, I added in chocolate covered candy eggs instead the of the usual chocolate chips. O-M-GOSH, every bite of these chocolate covered candy eggs had me reaching for extras. They give the recipe the texture it needed. It’s soft, moist, fluffy, dense and has the right amount of crunch from the candy.
Make these for your kids #EasterDay event at school, for your local dessert fair or surprise your co-workers at work. They will not be disappointed. Who needs a pre-made box of brownies? Not us!
Candy Covered Chocolate Egg Brownies
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup brewed coffee (warm)
1 cup butter (softened)
1 1/2 cup flour
2/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
200g pack Candy Covered Chocolate Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cup flour, 2/4 cup of cocoa powder and 1 tsp of baking powder. Set aside.
- In a mixer, add in 1 egg, 1 cup of sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Add in 1/2 cup warm brewed coffee. Mix.
- Add 1 cup softened butter. Mix until smooth (don’t worry if theres butter chunks)
- Gradually, start by adding in the dry mixture. Mix until fluffy, light and dense.
- Butter baking pan, add in brownie mixture and top with candy covered chocolate eggs.
- Bake for 25 mins.