Hope you are all doing well! I’ve been having an amazing month so far, my grandma is in town from Kazakhstan, visiting and it’s been so nice to finally catch up. When it comes it cooking back home, it’s very traditional. So, I’ve been cooking my grandma a bunch of different foods to try. She’s a big fan of Asian food, Greek food and now Mexican inspired food.
I love making this dish, it’s so easy and simple on days you don’t feel like cooking or eating healthy. It’s my favourite type of comfort food: Chicken Fajita Pasta. A mix of delicious spices, fresh peppers and a creamy sauce, makes this dish a staple at my house. Enjoy and let me know what your favourite comfort dish is?!
Chicken Fajita Pasta
1 chicken breast
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup canola or sunflower oil
1 garlic clove
1 long red pepper
1 long green pepper
1-2 tsp flour
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1/2 cup cream
2 cups hot water
2 cups pasta
Sprinkle of cheese (any type)
- In a medium bowl, mix together sliced chicken with paprika, curry powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Chop 1/2 an onion, 1 long red pepper and 1 long green pepper, tomato and mince 1 garlic clove. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan and add in 1/4 cup of oil. Once heated, add in chicken. Cook for about 5 mins until slightly browned.
- Add in chopped onion, peppers, garlic and tomato. Mix for another 5 mins. Then, add in 1-2 tsp of flour while mixing.
- Start by immediately pouring in vegetable broth, then cream and then 2 cups of water. Once boiling, taste and add more salt or pepper if needed.
- Add in pasta, mix until all the water is evaporated and the pasta is fully cooked through. Mix for about 7-10 mins.
- Once pasta is done, sprinkle with cheese and give it another mix.