Gloomy days call for a bright lunch. There’s nothing better than a brightly coloured lunch to brighten your mood. It’s true, scientist say, certain colours can change our mood. Like for example, blues will calm us down. But they’re is nothing better than a beautiful bright magenta. It has to be my all time favourite food colour.
Can anyone think of a magenta veggie? Well you’ve probably already guessed it hence the title of this post. lol. Well, this veggie is seriously one-of-a-kind. It’s sweet, super pigmented and looks beautiful. A lot culinary chefs love using this vegetable due to its beauty and taste. The simplicity of it can really make a dish stand out.
Today, I got a simple beet dish for you guys for #MothersDay! It’s such a simple dish that you can pair with any protein to bring out your Mothers day dish. Your mom will definitely be impressed.
1 tbsp mayonaise
1 garlic clove
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a pot of water enough to cover 1 whole beet. Place beet in water and boil. No need to peel beet, you can do it after it’s cooked.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and cook for 40 mins.
- Once done, let the beet cool for 1 hour or so.
- Once cooled, peel the beet (should come off easily) and grate it into a bowl.
- Add 1 grated garlic clove and season with salt and pepper.
- Then, add 1 tbsp of mayo and mix.
Add crushed walnuts for added texture.