Summer = eating good slightly unhealthy food on a daily. As much as I want that summer bod, food keeps winning. One of my favourite cheat meals are dessert meals; who doesn’t want an ice cream during the heat?
Lately, I’ve been craving all types of desserts, everything from cheese cake to ice cream to cookies to everything! But, if you can eat sweet healthy, then it can be managed with my current healthy diet. This recipe is the perfect combination of nutty and sweet; and pears (pun intended) perfectly with ice cream or a cup of tea. And trust me, this will be your go-to dessert, you will be baking allllllll the fruits haha!
Enjoy and let me know what your favourite summer dessert is!
Baked Honey Pears
1 tsp crushed walnuts
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Start by slicing pears in half and using a spoon to scoop out an oval like hole.
- Start by brushing all of the pear’s flesh with honey and sprinkling it with cinnamon (as much as you like).
- In a bowl, mix together walnuts, 1 chopped prune and vanilla extract.
- Add 1 tbsp of the nut mix into the oval hole of the pear, drizzle with some more honey.
- Place both pears into the oven on wax paper and bake for 25 mins.